Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Then again...

Okay, yesterday I was not my typical self. Actually, there has been a little progress here and there. I decided to paint the kitchen the very same color it has been for 10 years. I just couldn't 'see' it any other color, you know? Plus, I already had a half-gallon of the stuff and only needed to cover over a few swatch spots of the colors we tried plus the drywall work. So there, I finished the kitchen last weekend in a few hours with very little expenses (one tube of spackle, plus a pizza). Done deal.

Also worked more on painting the dining room. Impressed myself by moving the piano with one arm while balancing a cup of paint in the other and breaking up my kids 99th argument of the day.

Thinking about putting some bull-nosed tiles on the windowsill. Or maybe casing the window completely.

Bought some plantation shutters and two lined curtains, mostly for free using two gift certificates to Lowe's. Now I need to paint my curtain rod.

We made another decision with the kitchen. We are just going to use wood, or maybe an inexpensive tile, to finish the bar area. We just don't have the money for granite now that we have these permits & fines to pay.

Also picked up the last cased window from Home Depot. It looks ridiculous. I'll have to post a photo.

1 comment:

GALA said...

It seems like your progress has slowed down considerably in parallel to my work situation. But like you, I am doing some things to alleviate the situation. And honestly, it is fun to have Marie around, so I remind myself that I'm lucky to have this time with her.

Seriously, that band room needs to get done, though. One or both of us might need a place to live soon!